From: "Mark Aufflick" <mark at aufflick dot com>
Subject: OT: Sybase and Sequences (Was: Re: Retrieving Identity Value of newly inserted row)
Date: Jan 31 2006 11:43PM

Holy cow, you mean Sybase doesn't have sequences?! I've just recently
started a financial job (which means sybase it seems) and my db
background is mostly PostgreSQL with some Oracle and a smattering of
MySQL.

Is it just me, or is Sybase ASE missing some pretty obvious RDBMS
features and conveniences?

I know that this list is Sybperl specific, but the people here seem
pretty reasonable :) Can anyone recommend a good list/forum/community
where Sybase things are discussed? Eg. in this case, I would be
interested to read a discussion about sequence best practises.

Cheers,

Mark.