From: Knut Behrends <knb at gfz-potsdam dot de>
Subject: DBD::Sybase cant be loaded on winXP
Date: Jan 26 2006 5:50PM

Hello List,

  I have an XP machine with several open client 12.5 and 15.0 installed.
My perl scripts are broken because  DBD::Sybase can't be loaded
I guess this is so   since I have the 15.0 client installed.

isql and the other stuff (sybase client tools) work fine. I can connect
to ASE on the command line .

Maybe my perl installation was messed up - i had a corrupt ppm.xml file.
Thus today I installed a the most recent activeperl 5.8  distribution

The install of DBD::Sybase is still broken.
This is the error message:

The procedure entry point com_memmovefn_nt was not found in the DLL
libcomn.dll

(translated from german)

I cannot find anything similar on the internet about this error.
What can I possibly  do to fix this?

... is it an env-var configuration issue ?

Knut