From: "Mark Aufflick" <mark at aufflick dot com>
Subject: SUCCESS: Partial success compiling Sybperl 2.18 under cygwin
Date: Jan 10 2006 5:56AM

Excellent - thanks for that. The CONFIG file is well documented - not
sure why I didn't figure that out myself ... always looking for the
hard way!

So after I:

* disable DBLib as below
* perl Makefile.PL
* amend the Makefiles as per the email linked below
* make

The build process goes fine. It seems that BCP.pm and Sybperl.pm are also
skipped - I assume they depend on the old DBLib?

The test process isn't smart about skipping tests that need DBLib,
BCP.pm or Sybperl.pm - according to the test harness, t/5_sybperl.t
failed 200% of it's tests!!

all the _ct_ tests passed however which is excellent!

Thanks again.

Mark.

PS: Leaving entire annoying email chain below for best googling usefulness