From: Good Times <aaron at rdu90 dot com>
Subject: DBD::Sybase finish and CT_CANCEL for my deadlocks
Date: Sep 30 2005 9:16PM

Hello everyone

I have an application that runs every five minutes to execute a stored proc

from time to time thoughout the day, it deadlocks

i put some code in to catch the deadlock and re-execute the statement

but I get a message telling me that I can't do that while results are pending for another request

So, I added a finish() call on the statement handle, but that doesn't seem to help

Looking through the archives and groups.google.com it seems what I need to do is call CT_CANCEL and when I look in Sybase::Simple I see that it does just that

However, I'm a DBI man, and finish() according to the research I've done  "can" call CT_CANCEL, which makes me think that it won't always

I've tried this using syb_flush_finish set to true and false and still the same thing

i'm using DBD::Sybase 1.05 and Sybase 12.5

Is there a way to call CT_CANCEL? Or is there something else I could be doing?

aaron

--
I don't know what you're talking about that he is obnoxious.  He was sweet as pie to me!
	-Aileen