From: "Ashish Gupta" <ashish dot gupta at mizuho-sc dot com>
Subject: sybperl ct_config CS_RETRY_COUNT
Date: Aug 25 2005 7:53AM

Hi,

I have a problem in trying to restrict the number of connection retries,
in case a server is down.
If I try to connect to a server and the server is down, I keep on
getting the following messages at a regular 60 second interval :

Open Client Message:
Message number: LAYER = (1) ORIGIN = (2) SEVERITY = (2) NUMBER = (63)
Message String: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library
error: Read from the server has timed out.

If I modify the CS_LOGIN_TIMEOUT parameter, using the following command:

	ct_config(CS_SET, CS_LOGIN_TIMEOUT, 5, CS_INT_TYPE);

then the messages repeat every 5 seconds.

If I want to restrict the number of retries, using the following command
:

	ct_config(CS_SET, CS_RETRY_COUNT, 2, CS_INT_TYPE);

I get the following errors :

Argument "CS_RETRY_COUNT" isn't numeric in subroutine entry at b.pl line
12.

Open Client Message:
Message number: LAYER = (1) ORIGIN = (1) SEVERITY = (1) NUMBER = (5)
Message String: ct_config(): user api layer: external error: An illegal
value of 0 given for parameter property.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards,
Ashish