From: Charles_Mire at Concentra dot com
Subject: uninitialized value error, line 545, BLK.pm
Date: Aug 24 2005 12:23PM

I'm getting a strange error regarding an unititialized value at line 545 of
BLK.pm when I try to do a bulk load.  The data actually loads into the
table o.k., and the identity column gets populated o.k. -- so this does not
seem to be a real error.

I want to be able to check for real errors later on, and although it looks
like everything worked fine despite this error, I want to avoid any false
positives, if possible:

Use of uninitialized value in length at

/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/sun4-solaris-thread-multi/Sybase/BLK.pm
 line 545,  line 12 (#1)

I get that error for each row that loads into the table.  I checked the
code in BLK.pm, and this is the part that checks for NULL values in my
data.  There are no NULL values in my data, in this case.  I googled to see
if I could find anything, but got no results returned.

Here's the BLK code from my script (the table has only 5 columns -- 4
matched below and an identity):

     my $bcp = new Sybase::BLK $username, $password, $dbServer;

     $bcp->config(INPUT => 'out.file',
                 OUTPUT => 'db1.dbo.bcp_test',
                 BATCH_SIZE => 1000,
                 HAS_IDENTITY => 0,
                 IDENTITY_COL => 4,
                 REORDER => {1 => 'first_name',
                             2 => 'full_name',
                             4 => 'last_name',
                             3 => 'creation_dt'
                   },
                 SEPARATOR => '|');
    $bcp->run;

Thanks,
Charles

Charles Mire
Programmer Analyst
Concentra
ph. 972.364.8132

****** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ******
NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.