From: Charles_Mire at Concentra dot com
Subject: Re: issues with Sybase::BLK
Date: Aug 18 2005 6:49PM

I couldn't connect via isql -- but I reloaded my .profile and can now
connect to isql fine from the shell.  However, I tried rerunning my script
after loading .profile, and now I get the same blk_alloc error I started
out with,

ld.so.1: SGWK_FROI_BLK.pl: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/sun4-solaris-thread-multi/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.so:
 symbol blk_alloc: referenced symbol not found

I have been running the same shell all day (no new logins) during my
testing.  I have verified with our DBAs that all the Sybase paths and
variables referenced in .profile are correct.

Charles

Charles Mire
Programmer Analyst
Concentra
ph. 972.364.8132

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |                   "Michael       |
|         |                   Peppler"       |
|         |                           |
|         |                   Sent by:       |
|         |                   owner-sybperl-l|
|         |                   @peppler.org   |
|         |                   08/18/2005     |
|         |           01:13 PM               |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                        |
  |    To:            Charles_Mire@Concentra.com                                                                           |
  |    cc:            sybperl-l@peppler.org                                                                                |
  |    Subject:       Re: issues with Sybase::BLK                                                                          |

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 10:24 -0500, Charles_Mire@Concentra.com wrote:
> O.k. -- we got the library from one of our other servers and that
resolved
> the blk_alloc issue.
>
> Now I've got a new issue when calling the method 'config' for
Sybase::BLK.

> Open Client Message:
> Message number: LAYER = (6) ORIGIN = (8) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (1)
> Message String: ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory
> control layer error: There was an error encountered while binding to the
> directory service.

Hmmm - can you use isql from the same shell?

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer

****** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ******
NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.