From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: issues with Sybase::BLK
Date: Aug 18 2005 5:19AM

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 14:40 -0500, Charles_Mire@Concentra.com wrote:
> I'm having issues trying to do a bulk load using Sybase::BLK.  I've
> successfully used Sybase::BCP already, but I've found that it only works
> for tables without an identity column.  For tables with an identity column,
> it is my understanding that one must use Sybase::BLK.
>
> This is the error I'm getting:
>
> ld.so.1: MY_SCRIPT.pl: fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/local/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/sun4-solaris-thread-multi/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.so:
>  symbol blk_alloc: referenced symbol not found

That's an installation (i.e. a Sybase installation) problem. The issue
is that your Sybase OCS install does not include the appropriate
libblk.a file. This is usually the case when you are on a 64bit version
of ASE but build sybperl in 32bit mode. Sybase usually doesn't include
the 32bit libblk.a library in this situation.

You need to talk to your DBAs and/or Sybase to get libblk.a (probably by
installing the OCS SDK.)

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer