From: Charles_Mire at Concentra dot com
Subject: issues with Sybase::BLK
Date: Aug 17 2005 7:40PM

I'm having issues trying to do a bulk load using Sybase::BLK.  I've
successfully used Sybase::BCP already, but I've found that it only works
for tables without an identity column.  For tables with an identity column,
it is my understanding that one must use Sybase::BLK.

This is the error I'm getting:

ld.so.1: MY_SCRIPT.pl: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/sun4-solaris-thread-multi/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.so:
 symbol blk_alloc: referenced symbol not found

And here's my statement:

     my $bcp = new Sybase::BLK $username, $password, $dbServer;
     $bcp->config(INPUT => 'out.file',
                 OUTPUT => 'db1.dbo.bcp_test',
                 BATCH_SIZE => 1000,
                 HAS_IDENTITY => 0,
                 IDENTITY_COL => 4,
        #         LOG => 'bcp_test.log',
        #         FIELDS => 4,
                 REORDER => {1 => 'first_name',
                             2 => 'full_name',
                             4 => 'last_name',
                             3 => 'creation_dt'
                   },
                 SEPARATOR => '\|');
    $bcp->run;

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Charles Mire
Programmer Analyst
Concentra
ph. 972.364.8132

****** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ******
NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.