From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase 1.05_03 on CPAN
Date: Jul 27 2005 5:22AM

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 19:36 -0400, Matthew Persico wrote:
> Any signif diffs with _02?

The main difference is how/when the "active" attribute is set on
statement handles. This is so that the following will work:

my $sth = $dbh->prepare(...);
$sth->finish;
$sth = $dbh->prepare(...);

because the DBI code will not call my finish() code if the statement
handle isn't marked as "active".

For me this works fine, but now I've been told the following doesn't
work:

my $sth = $dbh->prepare(...);
$dbh->{AutoCommit} = 0;

because it won't let you set autocommit on a dbh with active children.
So unfortunately some additional tinkering will be necessary, I think.

There are a couple of other minor issues that I fixed, IIRC.

Michael