From: "Chen, Meeilei" <Meeilei dot Chen at kcc dot com>
Subject: RE: Concurrent usage both Sybase and FreeTDS
Date: Jul 8 2005 7:07PM

Hi,
I have the same project like yours, use Perl to access both SQL server
2000 and Sybase 12.5 on HP-UX.
I am totally new on FreeTDS and any help you can give would much
appreciated also.
Reading what you had below, I gathered that I would need to install
FreeTDS, DBD::Sybase, DBD::FreeTds, DBI::Sybase, DBI::FreeTDS.

Before I got into all our problems (yes, we have all kinds of problems
just to install FreeTDS and DBD::Sybase) I want to ask you if you DID
installed DBI::FreeTDS?
I went to cpan.org and found the DBI::FreeTDS and under the "BUG"
section it said "This is an ugly hack". That just scared me. Is there
any trick to do this?