From: Yair Lenga <yair dot lenga at citigroup dot com>
Subject: Concurrent usage both Sybase and FreeTDS
Date: Jul 7 2005 11:11AM

Hi,

I have to a project that will move data between Microsoft SQL server
(2003) and Sybase server. The only way to access the SQL server is with
FreeTDS (I'm using 0.63), tested with SQSH. The Sybase servers must be
used using Sybase clients libraries (company rule).

Does anyone has experience on how to work with both databasesin the same
perl program. I was hoping to duplicate "DBD::Sybase" into
"DBD::FreeTDS" that will be linked against the FreeTDS libraries, and
then I can use 'dbi::Sybase' to access the Sybase server, and
'dbi::FreeTDS' to access the SQL server.

My major concern is how to keep the 'libct.so' separate. I'm not sure if
this is possible, and if there is a problem here.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
Yair Lenga