From: "Delegal, Darin" <ddelegal at citistreetonline dot com>
Subject: RE: Probably Trivial: Finding Largest Primary Key used in Table
Date: Jun 30 2005 12:54PM

If you are dealing with an algorithmically assigned key, it's fairly
easy. The following statement just assumes you want to use the max value
plus one.

SELECT new_key_value = MAX(primary_key_col) + 1
FROM table

Then INSET the new record using the new_key_value returned from the
SELECT.

If you are not using an algorithmically assigned key, then we'll need
more information to help you.

Darin Delegal
'When the customer demands the impossible, they will end
up buying from the guy who offers them the impossible.
And the results, though tragic, are sadly predictable.' - Robert A.
Heinlein