From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Executing stored procedures on Remote SQL Server
Date: Jun 28 2005 4:54AM

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 15:12 -0700, Ravi Parimi wrote:

> However, it stopped working for recent builds of our software. I do
> not understand how this is possible. I checked with the people
> responsible for developing the stored procedure and they said nothing
> has changed in its implementation. The stored procedure that I use
> returns a text message and an integer indicating the success/failure
> of the execution. I use the following to get these values:

> Is there a way to figure out why I am unable to get the output of the
> stored procedures into the perl variables?

Try running this script with DBI->trace(5); set, and then send me (not
the list) the output. You can also try to create a minimal test case the
illustrates the problem...

BTW - is this with Sybase, or with MS-SQL? If the latter, have you
installed a different version of FreeTDS recently?

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer