From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Sybase Lib not found while installing DBD::Sybase using FreeTDS
Date: Jun 23 2005 5:28PM

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 18:25, Chen, Meeilei wrote:
> I am trying to use Perl program to connect to both Sybase and MSSQL.
>
> I have Perl 5.84 & Sybase 12.5 on HPUX box running 11.0. The MSSQL is on
> a window SQL server 2000
>
> I installed FreeTDS .63.
> And I set env(SYBASE) to /usr/local/freetds and unset Sybase_ocs and
> LD_Library_path. when I tried to install DBD Sybase 1.04 I got message
> that "Can't find the lib directory under /usr/local/freetds" and there
> is no lib directory under the /usr/local/freetds. What am I missing?

Well - if the lib directory isn't under /usr/local/freetds, then where
is it?

That's the main question - DBD::Sybase uses the SYBASE env. variable to
locate the lib and include directories that it needs to build...

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer