From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: error - object already exists in database
Date: Jun 21 2005 5:02AM

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 22:18, Alan Humphrey wrote:
> Ióm trying to create tables via my Perl script, working against a
> remote database.  The error returned is:
>

> DBD::Sybase::db do failed: Server message number=2714 severity=16
> state=6 line=1 server=GILGAMESH\BIRDWEB text=There is already an
> object named 'abundancies' in the database. at sql_server.pl line 74,
>  chunk 1.

The most likely problem is that the default database for your perl
connection is not the database where you want to create this object.

So you drop it in one place, and create it elsewhere (most likely the
master database).

Make sure you "use" the appropriate database (or specify the "database"
attribute in the connection string).

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer