From: "Peter Sinnott" <psinnottie at aol dot com>
Subject: DBD::Sybase - differences between 1.05 and 1.04
Date: Jun 1 2005 3:57PM

Hi,

  I am getting the following error/warning messages when a stored
procedure call fails.

Message String: ct_send(): user api layer: external error: This routine
cannot be called because another command structure has results pending

Message String: ct_cmd_drop(): user api layer: external error: This
routine cannot be called while results are pending for a command that
has been sent to the server.

These messages are displayed with DBD::Sybase 1.05 but not with 1.04.

Are they anything I should be worried about?

The program in question connects to multiple databases and performs
a combination of select and inserts/updates via stored procedures.
I have reduced it to a test case that connects to 1 database and
no longer performs selects so I am not sure what pending results are
being referred to.

Possibly this is related to the chained transactions/autocommit changes
in 1.05?

Thanks
Peter

--
We seamlessly network economically sound content so that we may competently
coordinate competitive meta-services while promoting personal employee