From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Tests fail on OS X with FreeTDS
Date: May 19 2005 6:51PM

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 20:20, Steve Gravrock wrote:
> I'm trying to install DBD::Sybase 1.05 on Mac OS X with FreeTDS 0.63.
> The test data source that I'm using is SQL Server 2000. I can connect
> to it with tsql.
>
> When I run 'make test', many of the tests fail:

That is expected - there are a lot of functionality/features of
OpenClient that is missing from FreeTDS at the moment.

> Here are the error messages printed by 'make test':
>
> cs_config(CS_LOC_PROP) failed at

That's a warning in the DBD::Sybase code that you can disable (by
editing the source in dbdimp.c). The warning just shows that this
functionality isn't supported by FreeTDS.

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer