From: "Maddocks, Steve" <SMaddocks at tusc dot com dot au>
Subject: Problem building Sybperl 2.18 under cygwin
Date: May 4 2005 2:07PM

Could someone help me, while I have successfully built DBD::Sybase under
cygwin, I have been unable to build Sybase::Sybperl, it fails to
identify the Open Client version, which is 12.5.2, I have verified that
the SYBASE and SYBASE_OCS environment variables are set correctly.

$ perl Makefile.PL
C:\sybase
Unknown Client Library version - assuming FreeTDS.
The sybperl modules need access to a Sybase server to run the tests.
To clear an entry please enter 'undef'
Sybase server to use (default: SYBASE): SERVER
User ID to log in to Sybase (default: sa): xxxxx
Password (default: undef): Sybase database to use on SERVER (default:
undef): archive

* Writing login information, including password, to file PWD.

C:\sybase
Unknown Client Library version - assuming FreeTDS.
Writing Makefile for Sybase::BCP
Writing Makefile for Sybase::BLK
C:\sybase
Unknown Client Library version - assuming FreeTDS.
Running in threaded mode - looking for _r libraries...
No thread-safe Sybase libraries found.
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lcomn
Writing Makefile for Sybase::CTlib
C:\sybase
Unknown Client Library version - assuming FreeTDS.
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lsybdb
Writing Makefile for Sybase::DBlib
C:\sybase
Unknown Client Library version - assuming FreeTDS.
Writing Makefile for Sybase::Sybperl
Writing Makefile for Sybase

$ make
Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
make: *** [subdirs] Error 2

Steve Maddocks
Senior Project Engineer - TUSC
e-mail: smaddocks@tusc.com.au