From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Problems building DBD-Sybase-1.05
Date: Apr 28 2005 6:47PM

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 19:52, Andy Cravens wrote:
> > > Actually, line 3045 which is causing the error is the "dTHR;"
> > > declaration.
> >
> > Have you tried *removing* that declaration?
>
> Yes...  I removed it and got the "undeclared" error:
>
> dbdimp.c: In function `st_next_result':
> dbdimp.c:3191: `thr' undeclared (first use in this function)
> dbdimp.c:3191: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> dbdimp.c:3191: for each function it appears in.)
>
> I've run into these "`thr' undeclared" errors before in both DBI and
> DBD-Sybase and the solution is always to put "dTHR;" back in the
> affected function.  So in this case, I'm stuck.
>
> If I put "dTHR;" in I get the error "declaration for parameter `thr' but
> no such parameter" error.

A couple of suggestions: Try an older version of DBD::Sybase, or try to
run dbdimp.c through the pre-compiler to see what the st_next_result()
call actually looks like after the code has been munged with all the
#defines. This might give a clue as to what is wrong...

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer