From: Andy Cravens <acravens at uen dot org>
Subject: Re: Problems building DBD-Sybase-1.05
Date: Apr 28 2005 2:23PM

> > -I/opt/gnu/perl5.005_03/lib/5.00503/sun4-solaris-thread/CORE  dbdimp.c
> > dbdimp.c: In function `st_next_result':
> > dbdimp.c:3045: parameter `thr' is initialized
> > dbdimp.c:3045: declaration for parameter `thr' but no such parameter
> > gcc: file path prefix `/usr/ccs/bin/' never used
> > *** Error code 1
> > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `dbdimp.o'
>
> Try to add a
> dTHR
> declaration macro to the st_next_result() function.
>
> I note that you are using the threaded version of 5.005... that's really
> quite risky - I seem to remember that this was pretty unstable!

Actually, line 3045 which is causing the error is the "dTHR;"
declaration.

After reading the documentation for building DBI I found out just how
unstable the threaded version of 5.005 really is.  I can't rebuild this
machine so I'm stuck with it for now.  However, when I built DBI I took
the recommendation of the author and configured with -nothread.