From: Ravi Parimi <rparimi at gmail dot com>
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault when running DBD::Sybase
Date: Apr 27 2005 6:29PM

> > I guess I cannot use the sybase ase libraries anymore. What I can do
> > to solve this problem?
>
> Install the FreeTDS libraries, and then point the SYBASE env. variable
> at the FreeTDS installation before building DBD::Sybase.

Michael,

Thanks a lot for the help. I reinstalled the freetds libraries, and
pointed the DBD::Sybase module to freetds libraries instead of the
sybase libraries. I can now connect to my SQL server database!

One minor issue I see is that I get the following message each time I
use DBD::Sybase
cs_config(CS_LOC_PROP) failed at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 249.

Is there a way to fix that?

Regards,
--ravi