From: "Chen, Meeilei" <Meeilei dot Chen at kcc dot com>
Subject: Unresolved symbol:blk_bid from Sybase.sl
Date: Apr 27 2005 1:13PM

> I installed Perl 5.8.6 on HP-UX 11.11. the installation came out
> clean.
> My Sybase is V12.5.1 and I am trying to install DBD::Sybase and
> DBI::Sybase
>
> I downloaded  DBI-1.48 and compiled it came out clean.
> I downloaded DBD-Sybase-1.05 and tried to compile but got problems in
> the make test step.
>
> While running perl Makefile.PL, there is a warning of "No library
> found for -lblk and -;d" but it said (probably harmless)
>
> During make step, one warning of: passing arg 2 of 'to_binary' from
> incompatible pointer type.
>
> During make test, lots of error, it all seems like related to:
> Unresolved symbol: blk_bid, blk_done, blk_describe, etc from Sybase.sl
> And the error is:
>
> Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.sl' for module
> DBD::Sybase: No such file or directory at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.6/PA-RISC2.0/DynaLoader.pm

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under law.  If you have received this message in error, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy.   Thank you.