From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: Re: blk out
Date: Apr 12 2005 6:02AM

[ sorry for top-posting... damn Lotus Notes... ]

A couple of points...

a) Native support is feasible, but would probably require a fair amount of
work internally as Sybase::CTlib
currently converts incoming data to a subset of Sybase native datatypes.

b) bcp out using the bcp binary is bound to be quite a bit faster than a
select executed with a perl script,
but most of the difference is in the perl data processing (AFAIK)

c) agreed :-)

That being said....   "patches welcome" as I don't really have the time to
work on new features
right now.

Michael

Internet