From: "David Barnwell" <david dot barnwell at well dot ox dot ac dot uk>
Subject: Re: Transactions errors with DBD-Sybase-1.05
Date: Mar 23 2005 1:45PM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your mail.

> Why do you call finish() here?

I tried it without the $sth->finish. I now get a similar error with
DBD-Sybase-1.04, but this time the commit fails rather than the execute, and
the rollback is successful. To summarise:

with the $sth->finish statement:
  DBD-Sybase-1.04 OK
  DBD-Sybase-1.05 execute fails, rollback fails silently.

without the $sth->finish statement:
  DBD-Sybase-1.04 commit fails, rollback succeeds
  DBD-Sybase-1.05 execute fails, rollback fails silently

I also tested DBD-Sybase-1.04 with FreeTDS 0.62.1. The results are the same
as DBD-Sybase-1.04 with FreeTDS 0.63RC10.

I've added DBI->trace(5) and put the output from all these combinations at
http://www.well.ox.ac.uk/~barnwell/tests_2005-03-23/

Thanks,
David Barnwell