From: psinnottie at aol dot com
Subject: Re: Change in Sybase Home Directory
Date: Mar 21 2005 9:32PM

Hi,

  > It seems that SHLIB_PATH is not enabled. If I rebuild the Sybperl
stuff, is
 > there a config option that would enable SHLIB_PATH?

  When you rebuild you will link against the correct libs so it
shouldn't matter,
  shlib will probably not be enabled as this option probably gets picked
up
  by the Makefile.PL from options built into your perl. I _think_ chatr
can be used
  to enable SHLIB_PATH in a library,your local hp guru(or chatr man
page) should
 be able to provide the command line options required.

  > By the way, in both our Sybase 12.0 and 12.5.3 directories, we have
added links
  > for lib and bin so that the references like
/usr/local/sybase/lib/libct.sl do
 > actually resolve correctly to OCS-12_5/lib and ASE-12_5/bin.

  Sounds like it should work then, plus or minus abi/api issues that may
pop up.

 Peter