From: "McCarthy, John" <JMcCarthy at citistreetonline dot com>
Subject: RE: Change in Sybase Home Directory
Date: Mar 21 2005 9:08PM

Thanks Peter,

Here is the output from chatr:
/usr/local/apps/perl-5.6.0/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/PA-RISC2.0/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.sl:
         shared library
         shared library dynamic path search:
             SHLIB_PATH     disabled  second
             embedded path  disabled  first  Not Defined
         shared library list:
             dynamic   /usr/local/sybase/lib/libct.sl
             dynamic   /usr/local/sybase/lib/libcs.sl
             dynamic   /usr/local/sybase/lib/libtcl.sl
             dynamic   /usr/local/sybase/lib/libcomn.sl
             dynamic   /usr/local/sybase/lib/libintl.sl
             dynamic   /usr/local/sybase/lib/libinsck.sl
             dynamic   /usr/lib/libm.2
         shared vtable support disabled
         static branch prediction disabled
         executable from stack: D (default)
         kernel assisted branch prediction enabled
         lazy swap allocation disabled
         text segment locking disabled
         data segment locking disabled
         third quadrant private data space disabled
         fourth quadrant private data space disabled
         third quadrant global data space disabled
         data page size: D (default)
         instruction page size: D (default)
         nulptr references disabled

It seems that SHLIB_PATH is not enabled.  If I rebuild the Sybperl stuff, is there a config option that would enable SHLIB_PATH?

By the way, in both our Sybase 12.0 and 12.5.3 directories, we have added links for lib and bin so that the references like /usr/local/sybase/lib/libct.sl do actually resolve correctly to OCS-12_5/lib and ASE-12_5/bin.

Thanks,

John