From: psinnottie at aol dot com
Subject: Re: Change in Sybase Home Directory
Date: Mar 21 2005 8:42PM

Hi John,

  > The "DBlib.sl" and CTlib.sl files that cannot be loaded do exist
with the proper
 > permissions. Here is " ls -l " for the CTlib.sl file:
  > -r-xr-xr-x 1 root sys 159744 Jun 29 2000
/usr/local/apps/perl-5.6.0/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/PA-RISC2.0/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.sl
  > Is this behavior expected when changing the location of the Sybase
binaries?
  > We were able to solve this problem (for now) by resetting the link
back to its
 > prior value. Is there any other way to resolve this problem?

  The "No such file or directory" error message is related to the sybase
ocs libs themselfs not

/usr/local/apps/perl-5.6.0/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/PA-RISC2.0/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.sl
which is
  just what glues them into perl. If you run ldd
/usr/local/apps/perl-5.6.0/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/PA-RISC2.0/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.sl
  it should give the same error message. You need to run chatr $file to
see where CTLIB.sl thinks the sybase libs are. chatr
  will also tell you whether the location of the sybase libs is hard
coded or if SHLIB_PATH is enabled. If shlib path is enabled
  you should be able to get things working by adding the directory the
12.5.3 libs are in to the SHLIB_PATH environmental
  variable. After doing this perl should/could/may work. If not then its
probably easiest to just recompile and link your perl modules.

 Thanks
  Peter