From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: RE: Class::DBI::Sybase segfaulting
Date: Mar 3 2005 10:29AM

No - AFAIK MS-SQL is also case sensitive in that respect.

Note that Sybase can be placed in case-insensitive mode although that
affects the entire
server, not just column/table names.

Michael

Internet
c4xt-a6o8@xemaps.com@peppler.org - 03/03/2005 10:59

Sent by:    owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org

To:    sybperl-l

cc:

Done... Upgrading DBD::Sybase has fixed the problem.

The program is no longer segfaulting, but coming out with some
sensible messages informing me that the table has no index.

I can now move on with what I was trying to do, which is to fix
Class::DBI so that it works with case sensitive columns, and
doesn't try and lower case them. Is Sybase the only database that
has case sensitivity in column names?