From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: sybperl-2.17 install issues
Date: Feb 21 2005 7:06PM

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 00:18, Kerry HAGEMAN wrote:
> I have been experiencing problems while trying to install sybperl-2.17
> on AIX 5.2 with perl 5.8.0.

> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lblk
> Writing Makefile for Sybase::CTlib
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lsybdb

These two are the problems.

Do you have a 64-bit ASE installation?
Those will in general lack some of the libs in 32bit mode, and in
particular the libblk library is one that is missing.

If you have access to the full SDK then you should install that - it
will give you the appropriate files.
If not - check the OCS/lib directory and see if you might have all the
64bit libs - if that is the case you could try building a 64-bit version
of perl.

There's also a way to build sybperl without the BLK api enabled - you
can add -DNOBLK flag in the CONFIG file and see if that solves the
problem for you, and you can set DBLIBVS=0 to disable the DBlibrary part
(which needs the -lsybdb library to build).

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer