From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: make test not working for Sybase::Simple
Date: Feb 21 2005 7:01PM

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 18:15, dweyer@cox.net wrote:
> I went ahead and got the sybperl compiled and linked and send out
> using su to the proper directories.  Now when trying to do the same
> for Sybase::Simple I am getting the following errors when running
> "make test".   All test worked fine on the sybperl installation.  I am
> using the 64-bit HP   version of Openclient but if sybperl works this
> should work as well I thought since it is built on top of sybperl.  I
> would appreciate your input as I use Sybase::Simple in almost all my
> scripts and am getting behind trying to figure this out on an HP
> platform.  Works great on Linux and Solaris!  Line 107 is just the
> database connection handling so I am confused.

It looks like the script can't connect to the server.

Are you positive that the interfaces file is correct?
Can you connect with isql from the same shell?

(sorry for the delay - I've been completely overwhelmed with various
problems...)

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer