From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Question/problem using SYBASE::DBD
Date: Feb 18 2005 4:46PM

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 17:55, Brothers, Eric wrote:
> I'm trying to use kerberos authentication with the latest version of
> your sybase DBD module (DBD-Sybase-1.05) and the latest version of DBI
> (DBI-1.47) on Solaris 8.  I'm using perl 5.8.
> Both DBI and the DBD compile just fine.  But when I run a test program I
> can't seem to load the appropriate kerberos libs.
>
> bash-2.03$ ./kerbSybTest.pl
> ld.so.1: /opt/perl-5.8.0/bin/perl: fatal: relocation error: file
> ../ASE-12_52/OCS-12_5/lib/libskrb.so.12.5.1.0: symbol
> com_unsignstrncmp: referenced symbol not found
> Killed

Double check the LD_LIBRARY_PATH values to make sure that the correct
version of the libraries are loaded at run-time.

> Funny thing is, isql -V works just fine.
>
> Any ideas? How can the same sech mech entry work for isql (ctlib) and
> fail for dbd (ctlib)?

ctlib is statically linked (well, for most things).

The comn_xxx symbols should normally be found in the libcomn.so library.
If you happen to pick up the wrong one at run time you'll get errors.

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer