From: "Brothers, Eric" <ebrother at lehman dot com>
Subject: Question/problem using SYBASE::DBD
Date: Feb 14 2005 4:55PM

I'm trying to use kerberos authentication with the latest version of
your sybase DBD module (DBD-Sybase-1.05) and the latest version of DBI
(DBI-1.47) on Solaris 8.  I'm using perl 5.8.
Both DBI and the DBD compile just fine.  But when I run a test program I
can't seem to load the appropriate kerberos libs.

bash-2.03$ ./kerbSybTest.pl
ld.so.1: /opt/perl-5.8.0/bin/perl: fatal: relocation error: file
../ASE-12_52/OCS-12_5/lib/libskrb.so.12.5.1.0: symbol
com_unsignstrncmp: referenced symbol not found
Killed

Funny thing is, isql -V works just fine.

Any ideas? How can the same sech mech entry work for isql (ctlib) and
fail for dbd (ctlib)?

rgds,
Eric