From: "Calder, Erick" <ECalder at westernasset dot com>
Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase on OSX failing make...
Date: Feb 7 2005 2:23PM

Michael,

as per Chuck's discovery, I'm attaching a little patch that
addresses issues with OSX

1) the value of $SYBASE defaults to /Applications/Sybase/System
which is the default location for installations.  this value is used
(OSX only) when /opt/sybase doesn't exist (and the previously
mentioned directory does).

2) -lsybsrv is added to $attr{EXTRA_LIBS} which comes from the
CONFIG.  I didn't want to add it to the config because there's no
way to conditionally set the value per OS.  it would be better if
the CONFIG were include()d instead of read so things can be more
automatic (like OS detection).

the patch is provided in diff -Naur format.

thanks for maintaining this very useful module and I hope the patch
helps.

- erick