From: Charles Phares <cphares at mac dot com>
Subject: Re: Failing make...
Date: Feb 4 2005 9:30PM

Sure, Erick!

I only misspelled the variable name for DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH(!!)  I had
defined it incorrectly as:  DYLD_LIBRARY  (details, details...)

My running value is:

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/Sybase/System/OCS-12_5/lib:/
Applications/Sybase/System/ASE-12_5/lib

I removed references to /usr/local/lib from the makefile as I don't
have that directory structure.  I altered the following two definitions
in the makefile:

EXTRALIBS = -L/Applications/Sybase/System/OCS-12_5/lib -lsybsrv_r
-lsybct_r -lsybcs_r -lsybtcl_r -lsybcomn_r -lsybintl_r -lsybblk_r
LDLOADLIBS = -L/Applications/Sybase/System/OCS-12_5/lib -lsybsrv_r
-lsybct_r -lsybcs_r -lsybtcl_r -lsybcomn_r -lsybintl_r -lsybblk_r -ldl
-lm

I tried to understand how Makefile.PL was generating these entries, but
I am not that fluent in perl.(!!) It looks like sybsrv_r was
inadvertently excluded from the list of required libraries though.

Good Luck!

-Chuck