From: "Rick Frink" <rfrink at theoccamgroup dot com>
Subject: DBD-Sybase (1.07) using freetds (0.63): Connection problem (HPUX 11.11)
Date: Dec 20 2005 8:32PM

Hello,

  I am trying to use freetds (0.63) as the driver for DBD::Sybase (1.07) to
communicate with MS SQL 2000 servers.  After the build, it does not appear
that DBD::Sybase reconizes the freetds config file
(/usr/local/freetds/freetds.conf), in particular for defining which
host+port make up the server.  I even tried it in the local `pwd`.  Also,
the "connect" method complains about accepting host+port arguments, and
seems to want a "Server", only.  The manpage says it accepts host+port.

  I am operating in a HPUX 11.11 environment, and have the DBD::Sybase
statically linked using the freetds drivers.  Without passing the 'make
test' phase, DBD::Sybase does not appear to fully install (complains about
not found in @INC).  I am using Perl 5.8.7, and DBI-1.48.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated (it has been more adventure than I
expected).
Thanks, in advance.

Rick

Rick Frink, Senior Consultant
The Occam Group of Professional Computers Services Organization
1919 Birchwood Dr
Troy, MI 48083

614.554.7405 (Cell)
248.528.3770 (Office)