From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: Re: Xblk test fail
Date: Dec 19 2005 1:32PM

You should be OK.

That looks like a bug with the xblk.t test itself, which tries to connect
to your ASE using the thai_dict charset...

Michael

Internet
erik@wendelboe.com@peppler.org - 16/12/2005 21:56

Sent by:    owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org

To:    sybperl-l

cc:

Subject:    Xblk test fail

Hi,

We are in the process of compiling and installing the DBI/DBD onto a HP-UX
system (11.11).  When running the tests for the DBD (1.07.01), we are
getting error(s) from the xblk test.

I installed the 1.07 DBD on a test system a while ago, and had 60 of 62
xblk tests fail, but I proceeded and found no problems with any of the
functionality I am using from the DBD.

When I saw the reply you gave previously about the absence of the blk
library (although on Solaris), creating version 1.07.01 of the DBD, I opted
to use 1.07.01 for additional systems, and this version does only throw one
error from the 62 xblk tests.

I am wondering if we can proceed with this version, or if the error present
a major problem.  I removed the # from the Trace statement and have
appended the output from the execution of the xblk tests.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks!
Erik

P.S. the DBI installation remarks that we have multi-threading enabled and
recommends we turn it off for production environments.  We are only using
the DBI/DBD for status checks of the database, not transaction processing,
so we have never before turned multi-threading off.  Any need to change
this?

 <<...>>

(See attached file: trace.txt)