From: michael dot peppler at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase runtime problem
Date: Nov 11 2005 1:01PM

DBD::Sybase tries to use the highest possible version of client library
capabilities that it can find. This is a value that is passed to cs_init()
and to a couple of other functions during initialization and that
establishes what level of capabilities the server and client share (e.g.
wide varchar columns, date and time datatypes, etc.).

When you link statically with the 12.5.3 libraries the internal code will
attempt to use the 12.5.3 capabilities. If the SYBASE home directory points
to the 12.0 directory this will cause the error you are seeing as the
support files (in $SYBASE/config, among others) are from an earlier
version.

You can see how this is handled in the syb_init() function in the dbdimp.c
file.

All in all I would try to use the binary with a single Sybase code tree,
and instead define a different interfaces file to use as necessary (see the
"interfaces" connection attribute for more information.)

Michael

Internet
piers.x.collins@jpmchase.com@peppler.org - 11/11/2005 13:39

Sent by:    owner-sybperl-l@peppler.org