From: piers dot x dot collins at jpmchase dot com
Subject: DBD::Sybase runtime problem
Date: Nov 11 2005 12:39PM

Hi,

I've got an issue with DBD::Sybase (1.07_01) which I hope you can help
with.

This was installed on a Solaris 2.8 machine which has Perl 5.8.7 and was
originally dynamically linked with Sybase 12.5.1 ESD#10 SDK .
We also have Sybase 12.0, 12.5.0.3 and 12.5.3 ASE on this machine. A perl
program was written which does a basic connect to each of the running ASE
servers, grabs a bit of information then closes.

This works fine. However for various reasons it was decided that we had to
link the Sybase libraries in statically instead of dynamically (linked
against the same SDK as when dynamic linking was used).

Now at runtime I get the following error when my environment is using the
12.0 ASE server :-

The context allocation routine failed.

The following problem caused the failure:

Invalid context version.

This happens when the use DBD::Sybase is issued at the start of the perl script. However the rest of the script
still continues and connects to the server etc.. and returns the required
data.

Any ideas what is going on here

Cheers

Piers