From: Greg Earle <earle at isolar dot DynDNS dot ORG>
Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase 1.07 install on Solaris 8 - failing t/exec.t test #11
Date: Nov 2 2005 10:11PM

On Nov 2, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Ravikumar Srinivasan wrote:
> Floats don't like you it seems. ;)

Agreed - but the kicker is, I seem to be the first person in the
known (== Google :-) ) world to have stumbled across this.  Is it
due to some sort of setting in the Sybase server (which I don't
control, I'm not the DBA) that causes it to return this long
float answer which fails the matching test?

I'll try your test code to see if I can massage exec.t into
playing nice so I can get DBD-Sybase to install - I've got
other fish to fry with this new Perl 5.8.7 setup I'm trying
to add DBD-Sybase and DBD-Oracle to.

(Ravikumar, good suggestion - I'm just nervous that if this
  one test fails, then something else might be broken in actual
  DBD-Sybase usage.  So I'm trying to get to the bottom of this.)

	- Greg