From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Win XP nmake test abends and errors for 2.18
Date: Oct 26 2005 5:43PM

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 11:21 -0400, Walsh, Mark wrote:
> I didnąt get an answer from sybperl-l@peppler.org, so I thought I
> would try sending this directly to you.

Sorry.

It looks like the failure is in the dbpoll() call in DBlib.xs.
That's only used for async calls to the dbserver - I think that you can
safely ignore the problem (and you can comment out the dbpoll() test in
the test script if you want to be sure).

Second - for the BCP.pm test I suspect a Windows vs. Unix line parsing
problem (line feed vs. carriage return/line feed). If you need the
Sybase::BLK modules you'll have to test them with your own input files
to see if they work.

On the whole though I'd say that your sybperl install should work fine.

Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler@peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer - TeamSybase: http://www.teamsybase.com/