From: Peter Sinnott <psinnottie at aol dot com>
Subject: Re: About prepared statements asnd transactions....
Date: Oct 13 2005 9:10AM

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 02:58:48PM -0400, Edward J. Sabol wrote:
> Ed Avis wrote:
> > I appreciate that to some extent we have to follow the existing
> > behaviour and not break compatibility - but don't add any more magic
> > workarounds unless they're something the programmer must be aware of
> > and deliberately ask for.
>
> Whether it's officially part of the DBI API or not, DBI programmers have come
> to expect to be able to have multiple active sth's. DBD:Sybase is the only
> DBD of any relevance that doesn't support this, and it's a barrier to porting
> major database applications such as Bugzilla to Sybase.

Since you keep mentioning this I feel I should mention that I'm 95% sure
the bug tracking system we use at $work is a version of Bugzilla with
Sybase support added. Doesn't really move the conversation along
but I thought I'd mention it anyhow.

Peter

--
Our mission is to continue to assertively coordinate seven-habits-conforming
information in order to interactively revolutionize principle-centered