From: Peter Sinnott <psinnottie at aol dot com>
Subject: Re: stored procedure and return values
Date: Oct 12 2005 3:10PM

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 05:03:01PM +0200, Torsten Bauer wrote:
> hi peter,
>
> isql for example returns -6 as the result status and i thought i can
> catch this with sybperl.....
>
> and $DBI::errstr is empty after my loop...?

Try capturing $DBI::err (numeric error code ) or $DBI::errstr
(error string ) straight after the execute. I find it best to capture
these straight after the error as I worry they might get reset.
Looking in the result set resets them it seems.

Thanks
Peter

--
We exist to authoritatively leverage existing enterprise-wide data in order
to solve business problems