From: Frank Uebel <Frank dot Uebel at gmx dot de>
Subject: DBD::Sybase and 'begin tran'
Date: Jan 27 2005 1:40PM

Hi,

I have a question regarding the transaction behavior of DBD::Sybase. It
adds "begin/commit transaction" to each connect. I've read the
documentation and played with autocommit and syb_chained_txn, but could
not completely remove those artificial lines. My problem is, the
database I want to access is somewhat sybase compatible, but only
supports basic statements like SELECT or UPDATE. So, those (forced)
transaction-commands lead to errors in the database logfile.

Is there an option to make dbd::sybase only issue the commands I specify
with ->prepare and ->execute?
I am sorry, if this is documented somewhere. I read the documentation
and scanned the mail archive, but did not find a remedy to my problem.

Regards, Frank Uebel