From: "Avis, Ed" <avised at kbcfp dot com>
Subject: DBD::Sybase and Replication Server
Date: Jan 27 2005 11:26AM

It is possible to connect to Sybase Replication Server with
DBD::Sybase.  But whenever you do you get this error in the repserver
logs:

E. 2005/01/27 10:48:38. ERROR #14024 USER(sa) - /execint.c(1069)
	Executor does not allow the entered command in the current mode.

I think this may be caused by the check for chained transactions which
syb_db_connect() does.  Or perhaps DBD::Sybase is sending 'begin tran'
to the server.  Replication server doesn't support any kind of
transaction.

At the moment I am connecting with AutoCommit => 1 and then immediately
afterwards setting $dbh->{AutoCommit} = 0.  I will find out whether
setting AutoCommit off from the beginning makes this error go away.

--
Ed Avis