From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: DBD::Sybase for ActiveState perl
Date: Sep 30 2004 10:41AM

Thanks to Jeff Urlwin there are now PPDs for DBD::Sybase available from
http://ftp.esoftmatic.com/DBI/. The build is for ActivePerl 5.8.4, and
was built with Sybase's 12.5.1 client libraries. If you don't have the
12.5.1 libs you can get them with the 12.5.2 developer edition of ASE
from Sybase's web site.

I used the instructions posted in
http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=387070 (thanks Jeff!) to get
the various tools under Windows (VC++, etc).

The binaries were built under Windows XP personal edition running in a
VmWare virtual machine on my Fedora Core 2 laptop :-)

I will be building PPDs for sybperl in the near future, and these will
either be available from the esoftmatic site, or from my www.peppler.org
site.