From: Keith Marter <kmarter at bacons dot com>
Subject: Running on Fedora Core 2
Date: Sep 29 2004 9:27PM

I have no problems compiling the latest stable version of
DBD-Sybase-1.04 on FC2 along with freetds-0.62.4.  The problem occurs
when I try to run the driver using the perl DBI interface.  I get an
error message exactly like the following:

install_driver(Sybase) failed: Can't load
'/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so' for module DBD::Sybase: libct.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.

I've tried re-installing the modules, along with quite a few other
options and I just cannot get the Sybase driver to work.  What is
interesting is I'm running DBD-Sybase and freetds on several other
machines running FC1 and I have never had any issues.

Keith