From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: ISO8601 date formats
Date: Sep 21 2004 12:47PM

I'm thinking of adding support for conversion to ISO8601 date/time
formats to DBD::Sybase. The Sybase conversion routines don't understand
this format (yet), so I'd roll my own (which is easy enough).

Is this interesting to folks on this list?

If so, do you prefer the fully compliant version
2004-08-21T14:36:48.080Z or something that is close but maybe a little
more readable (e.g. 2004-08-21 14:36:48.080).

Note that Sybase has no concept of timezones, so the fully-compliant
conversion simply assumes UTC (which might of course be very
incorrect!). The alternative is to assume the timezone of the client,
but there is of course no guarantee that the client and the server run
in the same timezone!