From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: RE: sybperl-2.17 *HP-UX* build issue (core dump)
Date: Jul 29 2004 1:11PM

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 14:34, Graham Hick wrote:
> Michael,
> This also happened to me on HP-UX 11.0 with perl 5.8.0, and with
> versions 12.0 and 12.5.1 of the OpenClient libraries.  Output from
> 2_ct_xblk.t follows.
>
> Sybperl version 2.16 builds fine with either version of OC.

But that doesn't mean that 2.16 is working correctly for the blk_()
routines, unfortunately.
I discovered that with 2.16 certain conversion errors were either
undetected, or resulted in very bad data getting inserted (in particular
for NUMERIC() data). The new code doesn't do this, but obviously
triggers some other bug, most likely somewhere in the OCS libs.

Try building Sybase::CTlib with the USE_CSLIB_CB #define turned on (it
is commented out somewhere near the top of CTlib.xs).