From: "Avis, Ed" <avised at kbcfp dot com>
Subject: RE: Bulk-Loading routines in DBD::Sybase
Date: Jul 13 2004 2:14PM

Michael Peppler wrote:

>>>my $sth = $dbh->prepare('insert the_table values(?, ?, ?, ?, ?)",
>>>                      syb_bcp_attribs => { identity_flag => 0,
>>>                                           identity_column => 0 });

>>Can you enforce that no column list is given?
>
>Probably. For now I just wanted the minimal parsing needed to get the
>table name...

I don't know how DBI handles these things but I wonder if

    $sth = $dbh->prepare(syb_bcp('the_table'), ...)

might not be better.  syb_bcp() can return some kind of magic string
or blessed reference which is recognized by DBD::Sybase as a bcp
operation.  This gets you away from pretend SQL parsing.

>>>AutoCommit is ignored for this operation (it is always off).

>And you *can't* do an autocommitted bcp
>operation - all bcp operations require an explicit call to
>$dbh->commit() in order to work.

In that case why not give an error if AutoCommit is on?

--
Ed Avis